It's always fun to have the latest shiny make an appearance on the Equinix Metal platform. Today it is Ubuntu 22.04, an LTS release with a great name (Jammy Jellyfish) which is available to deploy on-demand for our Gen2 and Gen3 configs.
Lots of goodies in this release including:
- Better support for confidential computing
- Optimizations for Arm Neoverse-based platforms like our Ampere c3.large.arm64
- Full desktop support for Raspberry Pi!
- Readily available NVIDIA GPU drivers
- Linux kernel version 5.15